Since its inception in 1987, the main purpose of the Venice Chapter AACA has been to promote the preservation, history and enjoyment of antique motor vehicles. We accomplish this in a number of ways:
- Monthly Club Meetings – Here we conduct our monthly business and enjoy an interesting program related to club functions and automotive history.
- Monthly Club Lunch – This is an opportunity to meet socially and share our interest and knowledge related to our antique vehicles.
- Monthly Club Tour – Drive your antique vehicle or regular driver on a tour to an interesting location selected by our Tour Director.
- Annual Collector Car Show – Held at Centennial Park in downtown Venice, this show has been a major attraction in the area for many years and draws 200 + collector cars and a crowd of an estimated 10,000 viewers. The proceeds of our car shows go toward our charitable fund where we provide scholarships to Venice High School Seniors or other community charities.
- Monthly Club Newsletter – Entitled “The Owners Manual” our newsletter is filled with information about our own club events, other events in the area and interesting information on automotive history,
- And of course our website which presents a comprehensive view of all aspects of our club.
With a membership of more than 200, we are one of the largest and fastest growing AACA clubs in Florida. Anyone with an interest in antique motor vehicles is welcome. You don’t have to own an antique vehicle or be a mechanic to become a member. Your passion for motor vehicles and their history is more that enough.